ASEAN INSURANCE COUNCIL
The Insurance Institute for Asia and the Pacific, Inc. (IIAP), in partnership with the International Labour Organization's (ILO) Impact Insurance Facility, the ASEAN Insurance Council (AIC) and the Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA), cordially invites you to the 1st ASEAN Managers Microinsurance Course in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on November 22-24, 2016.
|WHAT||ASEAN Managers Microinsurance Course|
|WHEN||November 22-24, 2016|
Royal Ambarrukmo Hotel
The ASEAN Managers Microinsurance Course is a comprehensive training to develop key knowledge and skills needed for insurance companies to enter the low-income market in a manner that is both valuable for clients and viable for providers
It will be held as part of the ASEAN Insurance Council meetings. Thus, participants of the course will have access to all meetings of the AIC at the same venue.
Main Subject Areas
• Introduction to Microinsurance
• Understanding the Microinsurance market
• Designing valuable products for the low-income market
• Responsible insurance, consumer education and promotion
• Managing Microinsurance distribution and partnerships
• Making Microinsurance viable
• The way forward
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand what Microinsurance is and the role it plays in the lives of low-income households;
2. Understand key characteristics of low-income households and how Microinsurance products can address their risk management needs;
3. Explore different types of Microinsurance products and the models used to deliver them;
4. Explain how a client-centric and responsible insurance offering can help insurance providers manage risks and returns;
5. Compare different types of distribution channels and learn about the roles such channels play in the Microinsurance value chain;
6. Discuss the partnership life cycle and the factors that contribute to the success of a Microinsurance partnership;
7. Identify ways to improve claims management in Microinsurance operations;
8. Define an action plan for Microinsurance in the company.
Who Should Attend
Insurance practitioners particularly middle and mid-senior managers tasked to explore, set up, or improve Microinsurance programs in their organization.
Seasoned trainers and experts in Microinsurance from the ILO's Impact Insurance Facility and the Insurance Institute for Asia and the Pacific (IIAP) will facilitate the course.
You may register only through http://aseanmicroinsurance.com
Registration fee is US$ 900. The fee covers tuition, training materials and access to all activities of the ASEAN Insurance Council to be held at the same venue.
SPECIAL EARLY BIRD RATE: US$800 (Up to 31 July 2016 only)
About ILO Impact Insurance Facility
The ILO's Impact Insurance Facility based in Switzerland is the biggest knowledge hub in inclusive insurance, having worked with and extracted lessons from more than 60 insurance organizations in 35 developing countries, and trained almost 500 microinsurance practitioners since 2008.
About the Insurance Institute for Asia and the Pacific
The Insurance Institute for Asia and the Pacific, Inc. (IIAP) is an established Philippine-based institute that promotes the growth of insurance industries in developing countries through education, training and research.Hits: 876